Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Best Pancake Recipe Yet!


I have been playing with the base "healthy pancake" recipe for years and I think I have found my best version to date!

Give it a go and see if YOU think it is Da Bomb too.

1 container egg whites (500 ml)
2-3 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned ED Smith or Organic)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup organic yogurt (thick; not the runny stuff on top)
2 cups dry oats (quick cook)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Blend until pancake batter consistency; if it is too runny, add more oats; if it is too thick, add more egg whites.

Cook over preheated non-stick skillet until bubbles appear on top, flip.

I like to serve with a dollop of pumpkin puree, yogurt and maple syrup. Here I have a bit of ground beef and side baby Romaine lettuce.

If you are quite lean already or aiming to put on size, eat 3-5. If you are losing fat/weight, eat 2-3.

My kids even love these and they are great for left overs or as a replacement for bread with their peanut butter and jam.

Enjoy!

K

No comments: