I have been "in class" the past few days but not at a school or even online.
There's not too many TV shows that I can watch the days and be able to learn valuable new health information every day. But someone is my new favorite teacher - Dr. Oz.
If you are a health, wellness and fitness nut like I am, he's likely your favorite prof these days also.
His show is a wealth of knowledge and applicable information and well overdue in the television industry.
So what have I been noting lately:
1) 2 NEW Signs of Hypothyroidism (low functioning thyroid) that I was unaware of:
- slow reflex at the knee joint (slow eccentric or return of the leg to starting position to be exact)
- eyebrow hair loss or shortened eyebrows at the end
How many shows can you take notes during every episode?
Plus one I was reminded of:
- chronic constipation
2) Cancer and cell phone radiation.
(from November 16th episode)
For more information on signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism.
They are discovering a possible link between cell phone use and brain tumors. How can you protect yourself? Top 5 tips from The Dr. Oz show November 17th:
- Hold the cell phone away from your ear. The further away the less the risk. You can minimize your risk by 1000 to 10,000 times by holding the cell phone away and using the speaker option.
- Use head sets / speaker on wires for the same reason - it keeps the cell phone away from the head
- Do not carry it on the hip or in the pocket (while it's on) unless you want to also increase your risk of testicular or ovarian cancers or of other reproductive problems such as reduced sperm count in men.
- Turn the cell phone off when carrying on your body whenever possible.
- Carry it in your purse, briefcase or duffle bag rather than on your person.
It apparently takes up to 40 years for exposure negative impacts (such as brain tumors) to appear, so more evidence of this growing problem will likely surface in our CHILDREN so start educating them now.