Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Elusive Chinup!



I got a great Mother's Day present, belated, in my in box on Monday.

A client that I have been working with since August 2007 emailed me to report that she got 2 FULL chinups (dead hang bottom, chin over top) on Sunday while training with her mother.

I always wanted to be the one to witness her first chinup as it has been an apparently elusive goal and one a long time coming, but it was appropriate on Sunday that it was with her Mom.

As a coach, sometimes I feel like a Mom to my clients --- more appropriately, they feel like my children.

I am really proud of her accomplishment as she never lost sight of the goal even though at times it seemed like a dream rather than a goal. We kept saying, "it's not a matter of if, but when!".

So the obvious question now, "what next?!". Where there is 1 chinup (or 2) there is 5 or 10 or 5 with 10 lbs.

They key for her getting this chinup was simple:

1) Keep improving body composition
2) Keep getting stronger
3) Keep the dream alive


Congrats!

No comments: